- Return transfer from your place of residence to the diving center except for the guest from the Raimiti pension where the return transfer is in supplement.
- Diving equipment if needed
- Cloakrooms with toilets, hot showers, individual storage lockers.
- Nitrox dive without supplement to certified Notrox divers
- Refreshments (water, juice, sodas)
Exceptional diving in Fakarava
Sport & Adventure
A unique experience
- Exceptional dives: Fakarava, classified as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve!
- Discover amazing dives in incredible sites in the north or in the south of the island.
- A professional team whose motto is "service, comfort and security" for its customers.
Classified as a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve due to the rich diversity of its ecosystem - Fakarava is a walk on the wild side where diving is concerned. The 2 passes that connect its lagoon to the ocean are GARUAE and TUMAKOHUA. The northern pass of GARUAE is the largest in the Tuamotu Islands and probably holds the highest density of fish with the most amazing pelagic encounters ever seen.
Diving Fakarava, one is at the mercy of the tide tables which regulate the strong currents that sweep the passes. Dive schedules will vary timed with the incoming slack tide.
Our main dive center is situated on the northern side in the village of Rotoava. A main meeting point for divers before and after dives. On the south side of the atoll, a second dive center is located on the Motu Penu.
You have the choice between 2 diving area in Fakarava :
The Garuae Pass - North of Fakarava : The widest in Polynesia - about a mile long. World renowned for its biodiversity, it is famous for drift diving. A dive in this north pass will be an unforgettable adventure. Giant specimens can appear at any moment from beyond the fore-reef. In the pass entrance, you will likely run into the famous “raira”, Grey reef shark, cruising by the dozen in a haze of fish and color. Be prepared for the Ali Baba canyon where the fish gather to shelter from the currents! This dive is from around a 50-70 foot depth. It requires significant experience with strong currents and divers in full command of their buoyancy and ease of movement.
The Tumakohua Pass – South of Fakarava : Situated in the south, it takes a little more than an hour’s boat ride to get from the north to Tetamanu. Trips there are planned to take the whole day. Much narrower than Garuae, this pass is just as interesting as its larger counterpart, with currents much calmer and depths shallower. This pass is appropriate for all levels of experience in both inflowing and out flowing currents. Like its counterpart in the north, this pass is extraordinarily diverse in animal and plant life. You’ll see the famous grey shark wall and the shark grotto; immense schools of yellowfin goatfish; turtles and manta rays.
|Pick-up and drop-off locations:||Return transfers from all the hotels and guest houses of the main island to the dive center|
|Operations days :||All year except on the 1st of january|
|Pick up time:||08:00am, 10:30am, 2:00pm|
|Drop off time :||10:00am, 12:30pm, 4:00pm|
|Duration :||2 hours approximately per tour. Private half day or full day on request. Sunset dive on request.|
|Minimum & Maximum guests:||14 persons maximum per tour and 5 divers maximum per boat|
|Reservation policy :||Booking has to be made by email. Payment D-15 before the 1st dive.|
For each reservation the diving center needs to know:
- First name and last name of each guest
- Date of birth of each guest
- The arrival date and departure date of each island visited
- The name of their accommodation of each island visited
- The diving level of each guest
- If they are certified NITROX (or if they want to be certified NITROX during their stay)
- The date of their last dive
- The number of diving to their assets
- Their need for equipment and desired sizes
- Cancellation policy:
- Cancellation at D -7 : 50% of penalty
- Cancellation at H -48 : 100% of penalty
No refund or compensation will be made if the services booked are not used (NO SHOW). In the event of cancellation due to health reasons and upon presentation of a medical certificate, only 20% of cancellation fees will be applied. TOPDIVE reserves the right to cancel its services due to weather conditions or force majeure. In such case, all cancellations of services rendered by TOPDIVE will entail a full refund of payment.
- Children policy: For divers under 12 years old. Medical certificate of no contraindication to scuba diving (less than 3 months before the 1st dive) and certificate of liability insurance for the practice of recreational diving).
- What to bring: Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and beach towel, spare clothes.
- Restrictions: None. Only a Medical certificate of no contraindication to scuba diving (less than 3 months before the 1st dive) will confirm the ability for the tour.
- Languages spoken: French, English, Spanish, Aleman, Italian.
- Additional information: All divers of all levels are welcome. For divers under 12 years old and over 75 years old on the day of the dive, a Medical certificate of no contraindication to scuba diving (less than 3 months before the 1st dive) and certificate of liability insurance for the practice of recreational diving) are required.
- Diving video on request
- Transfers from the pension Raimiti
- Private tour on request for half day or full day. Sunset dive on request.
During your dives, you will be able to cross all the Tuamotu's fish: barracudas, groupers, manta rays, eagle rays, gray sharks, hammerhead sharks, dolphins and turtles, not to mention the sumptuous corals. During the months of June and July, thousands of groupers gather in the passes of the island for the season of love, a magical sight to be observed in diving. Fakarava, the paradise for divers, for a unique and memorable souvenir.